What is a title search?
- A title search is the first thing you should be considering when looking to buy a property.
- The purpose of the title search is to look for outstanding encumbrances and titles deficiencies for the property of interest.
- The title search identifies the encumbrances in the title the need to be removed; this allows the purchaser to have a clear title.
What is a writ search?
- A writ search determines whether a person, corporation or other legal entity has a writ of execution filed against them.
- A writ of execution is a court order that puts in force a judgment of possession obtained by the plaintiff from a court.
Our legal representatives at Joston Law can help you search government databases for encumbrances such as:
- Mortgage on title
- Construction lien
- Writ or executive (judgement)